[Wine] Re: riched32.dll refresh(?) problem

jbrown wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Aug 28 10:00:01 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> You need to get a copy of riched20.dll from WindowsXP and place it in the same directory as this program.  Then set riched20 to 'native, builtin' for this library file.

Thanks, this works.

So far, I copied native dlls into wine's system32 directory. If I do so for riched20, the program doesn't even start (same if I copy XP's riched32 and set it to 'native, builtin' for the program, too). (Maybe because the program was written for riched32.dll?)

What is the trick with the dll in the program's directory? And is it possible to supply all programs with native riched*.dll through system32 directory?