[Wine] riched32.dll refresh(?) problem

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 28 19:50:43 CDT 2010

jbrown wrote:
> James McKenzie wrote:
>
>> You need to get a copy of riched20.dll from WindowsXP and place it in the same directory as this program.  Then set riched20 to 'native, builtin' for this library file.
>>

> Thanks, this works.
>
> So far, I copied native dlls into wine's system32 directory. If I do so for riched20, the program doesn't even start (same if I copy XP's riched32 and set it to 'native, builtin' for the program, too). (Maybe because the program was written for riched32.dll?)

Is the program a Windows95 program?  That is the only version that
should be written to use riched32 calls.  However, you can copy the
riched32.dll file from your Windows partition to the program directory.
> What is the trick with the dll in the program's directory? And is it possible to supply all programs with native riched*.dll through system32 directory?

This is not recommended as we implement richedit calls differently than
does any version of Windows (there are legal reasons to do this.)   You
can set the default to be native, built-in through the libraries tab for
the default installation and then put these files in the program
directories.  BTW, Office 2003/2007 do come with their own versions of
richedit and they are installed in the program installation directories
for those programs.

James McKenzie