[Wine] Re: Clipboard Syncing (does wine sync images or files)?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Aug 29 03:28:24 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:

> I'll have to look at this or maybe doh123 can try to figure out what
> needs to be done.
>
> James McKenzie

Is this a Wine issue?  I've never tried copy and pasting anything but text in Wine... not sure I have any apps to run in Wine to easily test pictures.  Xquartz itself should sync the pasteboard and clipboard if the options are set right in preferences and work fine.  Gimp running in Xquartz for me is copy and pasting pictures fine.. in and out of X11.

Make sure you have Xquartz 2.5.3 (latest release) and that you have its preferences under Pasteboard to enable syncing and all the options checked.  Theoretically it should work with Wine just fine...