[Wine] ISO as CDROM

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 29 20:07:43 CDT 2010

James McKenzie wrote:
> lvleph wrote:
>> Yes, everything is installed fine. The issue comes from trying to add
>> a language. Like I said previously, on a computer with an actual
>> cdrom I can mount the ISO at /media/cdrom and everything works. The
>> issue seems to stem from not having a physical CDROM at all.
>>

> Hmmm.  This is most interesting as mounting a .iso file should not
> cause this problem.  I'll have to try this and see what happens.
> Since I'm using a Mac the results may be different,
>
> James McKenzie

Sorry for the short reply, but I hit the 'send' button way to early.

What I did was mount a .iso from CentOS and then used autodetect.  It
was then listed as drive Q:  I opened a command session using wine
wineconsole cmd and then did a dir,  dir /x, dir /q and finally dir /a
(there is a hidden .diskinfo file on the image).  All displayed
correctly.  I don't want to install CentOS onto my Mac (it won't work
anyway) so I'm now at a loss as to what could be causing the problem
here.  The .iso file is mounted ro however.

James McKenzie