[Wine] Antivirus for Mac Wine?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 12:03:39 CDT 2010

> wouldn't just running a Mac OS X version of Clam be better on your machine... I think trying to run a Windows version of any anti-virus, all the time, would leave a wineserver running all the time and make it more likely of having something bad run.

As a network admin and a person who has cleaned virus / malware
infections from dozens of windows machines I know that although Clam
protects against viruses but it does not seem to protect against other
malware which seems to be more common these days. With that said I am
not sure I would run a product that prevents against other malware all
the time.

The best protection is the user. In wine that means to avoid all usage
of internet explorer or any other browser under wine unless absolutely
necessary.

John