[Wine] Giving multiple users access to programs

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Thu Dec 2 10:07:14 CST 2010

wolfgang <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>Sent: Dec 2, 2010 8:31 AM
>To: wine-users at winehq.org
>Subject: [Wine]  Re: Giving multiple users access to programs
>
>I don't want to share the configuration, just the programs themselves. This could probably be done with a folder somewhere
>linked into ./~wine/dosdevices, but I don't know enough to say.

There is more to allowing multiple users accesses to programs other than just giving access to the executibles.  This involves registry 'magic' and other items.  There are some who have had limited success allowing access to Programs by linking them through a 'pseudo' D: drive and then keeping user data local on the C: drive.  This requires understanding how Windows does this and then emulating this in Wine.

James McKenzie