[Wine] Re: Deconflict Unix Forward / and Windows Back Slash Directory

stvs wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 4 05:40:07 CST 2010

I must run a given Windows executable that comes with a fixed data directory whose base is,

Code:
/home/base_dir

These are both fixed -- I did not write or compile them, but must simply run the executable.

If I specify "/home/base_dir" (as a string in the config file config.txt) for this base dir, then the WINE command

Code:
wine ./reader.exe ./config.txt

successfully finds the directory "/home/base_dir", but FAILs when reader.exe attempts to access those contents using the string

Code:
/home/base_dir\sub_dir\file.dat

If I specify the string "\home\base_dir" or "\\home\base_dir", or any other non-BSD compliant directory specification, the reader.exe command FAILs and is unable to find the base directory.

The question is whether there is some flag or trick to tell wine, or even BSD, that the full file string "\\home\base_dir\sub_dir\file.dat" really means "/home/base_dir/sub_dir/file.dat" in BSD-land.