[Wine] Re: ATI FireGL v5200 and Guild Wars

Angus Hedger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 6 11:36:59 CST 2010

Im sorry to hear you cant get it going.

That is the problem with the OSS drivers, they are great for everything apart from gaming in general, wine even more so (you generally need to chuck a lot of power at it).

It looks like Ubuntu 9.10 ie karmic shipped with xorg7.4, and a version of the fglrx driver old enough to support your GPU, so you may have some luck.

If the version packaged is to old or to new, you may need to install it yourself, which will be a pain, but is doable.

Generally, if you are lucky you can just grab the driver from the link I provided earlier and follow the install guide and it should work.

Now, I am not sure if the performance with wine/guildwars will be any good, Im pretty sure you will need glsl off, but it should work.

Anyhow, best of luck! Hope you get things going!