[Wine] Cant see the models

Angus Hedger demidevil at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 16:53:33 CST 2010

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 12:54:53 -0200
Gustavo Gattino <gustavo.gattino at gmail.com> wrote:

> > What Video card and driver release?
> >

> My video car is a onboard notebook video card... Intel Xtreme 4300 or
> something like that...

Smells like crappy intel drivers to me.

> > James McKenzie
> >

> I'm also using this configuration on wine regedit:
> - DirectDrawRenderer -> opengl
> - Multisampling -> enabled
> - OffscreenRenderingMode -> pbuffer (also used backbuffer)
> - RenderTargetLockMode -> auto
> - UseGLSL -> disabled

Hmm, should work with that lot.

> Thanks for the reply.

Try:

1) running gw in a virtual desktop.
2) Try turning "Allow pixel shaders" off in winecfg > grathics
3) try setting "Vertex Shader Support" to None also in winecfg >
grathics

Did it break on a Ubuntu upgrade, a wine upgrade, or both(eg wine
upgraded when upgrading Ubuntu)?

Try running it from the term and paste binning  the output, and post a
link.

If in the end its the drivers, there is a PPA with xorg experimental
drivers, which MAY help or MAY melt your xorg and leave you at the
black VT of doom.

Good luck.

------
Regards,

Angus Hedger

Debian GNU/Linux User	PGP Public Key 0xEE6A4B97