[Wine] Streaming games using Wine

fernandocarvalho wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 8 15:48:54 CST 2010

Recently I have got some information about an online service called OnLive.
http://www.onlive.com/#1

It is a service that enable people play games remotely, on the cloud.
As far as I know, this is a tool that get a game, play it on a server and compress and send the screen output to the player.

After seeing that, I though: Oh it is really cool such kind of service and they should be using a Windows server to do this.
So, in this post I wish to discuss the possibilities to do this kind of thing happen using Wine.
I think that this should be a great case of commercial use to Wine, since it enables windows games to be played in Unix environment.
Since Unix is more common on servers than on desktops I think that improving Wine to run in this situation, could be a good source of revenue and contributions to our so beloved Wine project.