[Wine] Re: How to fix Baldur's Gate 2 in CIDER so it doesn't crash?

doh123 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 8 22:27:31 CST 2010

plisskin wrote:
> Ah, oops. Okay.
>
> Well, thanks for letting me know about three things I was unaware of.
>
> Actually, if WINE is an option for getting my Windows version of BG2 to run with OS X I'd much prefer that instead of having this hacked version. I couldn't get the Macplay BG2 to run properly. I have no experience with WINE but I can look up some guides and if I run into further problems I'll make another thread for it.

I dunno.. i have BG2 (Windows version), but its an already installed version with a 3rd party Widescreen hack on it and the expansions... several months ago I threw it in a simple Wineskin (http://wineskin.doh123.com) wrapper and it ran without needing anything special done really.  I haven't tried in a Wineskin 2.0 beta wrapper yet, but theoretically it'll run good.  That said, just know Wineskin isn't supported here, though I'm the main support channel for it and sometimes answer questions here... theres no need to clog up the forum (or mailing list) with posts about it.

My whole purpose in starting Wineskin was to let people use Wine and make "ports" the same way Transgaming does with Cider but they wont share it with anyone except game companies for big bucks.