[Wine] Victoria II Install Failure - installshield breaks

Carnifex wineforum-user at winehq.org
Thu Dec 9 22:07:57 CST 2010

Backdata:
Game: Victoria II by Strategy First. Disc.
Wine: 1.3.8
Note: Game runs on all versions XP through 7, trying in both XP and 7 mode gives identical behavior.
Terminal Error Output: Unavailable (Haven't figured out the syntax for running a program on a disc in terminal)

When running setup.exe (autoplay always fails for anything, I find), it does the InstallShield wizard, which will get somewhere between 20 and 60% done when an error /such as/ (the error is not always the same) will occur (listed is the most common):

An installation support file
'C:\users\theuser\Temp\{9C3B7F54-C6E2-4A74-9937-9C6EBA10C4A2}\_IsUser.dll' could not be installed. (0x80070002)

Now, I've seen some interesting stuff all over for both _IsUser.dll and 0x80070002, but haven't found anything that really seems to help. Maybe I just don't know enough to decipher it.

That said, can you provide any assistance?