[Wine] Playonlinux and Office 2007

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 10 12:52:37 CST 2010

"MulX (Aymeric)" <os2mule at gmail.com> wrote:

>Le 10/12/2010 16:51, James Mckenzie a écrit :
>> mulx <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> PlayOnLinux-wine-1.3.1-ubi-drm.pol => patched. Based on release 1.3.1 of WineHQ and patched with a patch for avoid "ubi-
>>> drm". Patchs applied are included into the .pol.
>> A question we all may have is where do the patches come from?  Are they 'suggestions' in the Wine Applictions Database, are they 'hacks' in Bugzilla or are they pending patches submitted to and pending acceptance in the Wine Patches area?
>>
>> Also, if one of the patched .pol files 'breaks' would POL be willing to be the interpeter as to whether this is a Wine
>> bug or a POL induced problem?  Would the same apply for POM?
>Hi,
>The patchs come normally from the WineHQ Website, but I can't certify
>about that because this is done totally automatically. When a user of
>POL want a patched version he should provide a .zip with all patchs
>needed, on which official Wine release patch will be applied and finally
>the name. That's all.
>(http://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-3718-WineBuild_Demand.html)

In other words, they are on their own as neither Wine nor POL will be able to accept a bug report.

>I know that the POL-Wine-1.2.1-ddraw include a patch found on the Worms
>World Party page from WineHQ AppDB
>(http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3905).

Yes, some of the 'bugs' are very old.  Bug 421 is the oldest outstanding bug and it is a request for enhancement that has seen many hands 'touch' it.  If the source of the patch can be found, it may be possible to update the bug report with successes and failures to help troubleshoot and create a 'proper' patch for the problem in the bug report.

Also, please keep working with Dan Kegel on incorporating the winetricks scripting method into POL/POM.

James McKenzie