[Wine] Re: Need help with a bug in wine

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 11 12:21:29 CST 2010

Hi Fredd

I've done a check and F.E.A.R. appears to be working at this end with WINE 1.3.8. I successfully patched F.E.A.R. to v1.07 here as a test. In fact I'm getting pretty decent frame rates in the options benchmarking test.

If you are not using a Wineprefix then you can browse your Wine equivalent of the Windows file structure at:

Code:
~/.wine/drive_c/

(opening this in a native Linux console or GUI file manager of choice)
This would allow you to check the program had successfully installed.

It would be helpful to know exactly how you are installing F.E.A.R. (e.g. retail DVD or Steam, etc.) To get some idea where the problem is... Perhaps you can detail the steps?

Bob