[Wine] Wine/WoW issues

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 19:52:38 CST 2010

On 12/4/10 8:01 PM, ric00015 wrote:
> I am running Wow 4.0.3 on Linux Mint 9 using Wine 1.2.1 I use PlayonLinux to manage Wine versions, and I have used up to 1.3.7, which I think is the most current version. Usually, it'll run OK. But I have run across several problems.
There is a rather long thread about using POL.

One thing that you MIGHT want to do is contact the POL package
maintainer for WoW to find out if s/he is using ANY patches for this
game.  At this point in time, you will have to ask for assistance from
the maintainer.  POL and POM are trying to move to the winetricks script
for maintaining any required Microsoft packages for program play.

James McKenzie