[Wine] Re: How to fix Baldur's Gate 2 in CIDER so it doesn't crash?

plisskin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 11 20:01:04 CST 2010

@doh123: already PM'd you, but I'll say it here also that if you can direct me to a guide on how to make it work the same way you did, I'd be grateful. Not on this forum since this forum doesn't support Wineskin, but if elsewhere? Brilliant!

@twickline: Friend of mine tried getting it to work in Crossover and the game had serious graphical issues, at least with the latest version 9+. Drove him up the wall, so maybe I'll try that as a last resort.

I found a discussion on a different forum about how the multiplayer that Windows used for the Infinity Engine games, Directplay, was never and naturally will never be properly reverse-engineered and ported to Mac given that it's relatively ancient software. Therefore anybody running old Infinity Engine games and trying to get them to do multiplayer is stuck no matter what you're using to make them work on a Mac.

If anyone has ever found a way to get WINE to work for multiplayer with any of the Infinity Engine games I'd love to hear how they did it.