[Wine] Battlefield 2 startup crash

James McKenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 11 20:08:54 CST 2010

On 12/6/10 8:16 PM, mikefromhayward wrote:
> I used wine to install the catalyst, which I d/l the latest from the ati website the latest 10.11, my card is ati radeon 9600, I tried the latest line 1.3.6 and the wine posted on the status page wine 1.3.1 using both play on linux and wine and Cadega. what do I put in the terminal for the output needed? Thanks a bunch!
First, you are going to have to start ALL OVER.  POL is supported by
themselves and may or may not make code changes to Wine base code.
Cedega IS NOT SUPPORTED by the Wine Project as they DO MAKE code changes.

Second, please read the Applications Database entry for Battlefield2.
It is NOT easy to install/configure to work with Wine.

Third, we do NOT support low-level Windows drivers for video cards.
AMD/ATI supplies a Linux video driver for your card, use it.  There is
also the radeon driver, which may or may not be a better solution for
your problem.

James McKenzie