[Wine] Re: Playonlinux and Office 2007

GNU_Raziel wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 12 05:15:17 CST 2010

Hi,

i'm POL/POM main scritor. Like it was already said, we use only patches posted and tested in AppDB bug reports, which seriously limit possible sources.

Also, ubi-drm build is bad exemple since Ubisoft updated DRM short after this patch release so it do not work, you need to disable (crack) DRM to make Assassin's Creed 2 and PoP-The Forgotten Sands to work (don't know if other game use this DRM). This wine build will be deleted soon.

A good example is 1.2.2-MousePatch build, a mandatory patch to make Mass Effet 1&2 and Borderlands to be playable. Without this patch you cannot turn 360°.

Also note that patching vanilla wine is the last resort solution for us...We do what we have to do to please POL/POM users, they want to enjoy their games under Linux/OSX.

Like qparis said, he will upadte POL/POM so it generate clear logs, which will, for sure, include bug ID when a patch is used so you will be able to track it down easily.

Regards,

GNU_Raziel