[Wine] Re: Mass Effect 2 bug 23135

thorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 13 07:35:37 CST 2010

One thing I have found that seems to work is a command called RunFirst, which is included in wine. It's used like so. wine RunFirst.exe MassEffect2.exe. This will cause wine to use it's own internal task manager to restrict a program to one core. This is necessary in Mass Effect 2's case because it seems to ignore every other means of setting cpu affinity.

Could anyone else try it and report back? Works fine so far on my end, only a little too slow for my tastes.