[Wine] Re: How to recompile Wine on ARM

vitamin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 13 09:18:43 CST 2010

rygle wrote:
> Sorry to disappoint you, but what Vitamin was saying is that Wine can only run on an x86 processor.

I didn't say that, because it's isn't true. Wine can run on architectures other then x86. However in such setup Wine will not be able to run x86 Windows programs. It can still run winelib programs (programs recompiled with winegcc).

eyedasan, I'm not sure what you need Wine for. On such a hardware it will consume all 100% of resources just by itself. Regardless you still need Xorg to have functioning Wine, which leaves nothing at all for the app itself.