[Wine] Plz Help Problem running Oracle6i Forms in Wine under Ubuntu

ssamir wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 14 01:54:40 CST 2010

Dear friends I have just manged to install Oracle 6i runtime environment through wine under Ubuntu 10.10. I have also installed Net80 products from Oracle6i CD.

Actually I have to run some oracle6i Applications under Ubuntu10.10 through wine. When I open the application via ifrun60.exe then the form comes correctly but it is not connecting with database although I have one correct entry in TNSNAMES.ORA.

My TNSNAMES.ORA. contains:

estab =

        (ADDRESS =

          (PROTOCOL = TCP)

          (Host =

          (Port = 1521)

    (CONNECT_DATA = (SID = misdata)

So please guys what I have to do to configure the TNS settings.

Thanks in advance.