[Wine] Joystick functionality in Wine for Mac OS

crazy_dave wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 14 10:47:52 CST 2010

I need help getting my joystick functioning for Wine in Mac OS X. I am using Wineskin with Wine version 1.3.9 and Mac OS 10.6.5. The joystick is functional and my Mac reads it fine. I've tried editing the regedit keys by creating a DirectInput key with the string "Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D" = "X,Y,Rz,Slider1,POV1,POV2". However, that did nothing. I also tried putting the dinput8 and dinput into the DllOverrides with Windows config and tried various options there (but by no means exhaustive).

Again, nothing happened. I've also tried various names for my joystick - for instance "Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D" vs "Logitech Logitech Extreme 3D Pro". For some reason the command: "WINEDEBUG=+dinput wine game.exe 2>&1" doesn't work in my terminal - it just says command wine not found. Trying to go into my local folder and using ./wineskin.app or wineskin.app in the command does nothing either. So maybe my name is wrong, but my computer recognizes the joystick as "Logitech Extreme 3D".

I've tried this for two games: Red Baron 3D and IL-2 Sturmovik and neither recognizes my joystick. The games work perfectly other than that. Has anybody gotten a joystick to work under WINE for OS X?

If you have a fix, please let me know. I feel really close to getting my flight sims to work, but I'd really like to play them with my joystick.