[Wine] Re: winetricks and I

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 15 12:37:19 CST 2010

The program is the Landscape Designer for SimCity4.  My .wine directory was new, installed by the distro from the link in the forum.

All I got was one of those mysterious "an error has occurred" messages.  Grrr.

I already dug the winetricks script out of my system. and I ran from a console, but nothing seems to show up.

This program needs vb6run, dotnet11, and jet40 to run properly.  It is having a problem recognizing the jet engine, and always has had.  I have had a couple of dde error messages on other things and have no idea where to go to fix them.  The last one was on the call up of IE8.

Anyway, I'll clean out the .wine directory and let the system recreate it.