[Wine] Wine uninstaller crashes

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 17 08:42:38 CST 2010

adammw <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>I recently tried to install Steam and failed but now I cannot uninstall it.
>Each time I run "wine uninstaller", it crashes with the following messages:
>
>Code:
>
>How can I either fix wine uninstaller or manually run the steam uninstaller? I can't easily create a new wine prefix
>because I have also installed MS Office and use that regularly, and would prefer not to have to re-install it.

You can create a new wine prefix by doing the following (in a bash shell):

export WINEPREFIX=<path to new wine prefix here>
cd <path to program installer here>
wine <program name to install program here>

It is recommended that you create wine prefixes for EACH program you run in case something breaks, like it did here.

James McKenzie