[Wine] Wine with Modern Warfare 1

dbolgheroni wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 17 09:53:40 CST 2010

Hi,

I'm new to Wine and I'm having some problems running Call of Duty Modern Warfare 1.

The game installs fine, runs fine, speed fine, except that when in gameplay, I see about 20% fine (left of the screen) and 80% messed.

I'm running version 1.7, which seems to be Platinum. Linux 2.6.35-22-generic, x86_64, wine-1.3.9.

I found somewhere it might be some problems with GameOverlayRenderer.dll. I don't know if it's related to MW1, but I disabled anyway. But didn't work.

Maybe someone had the same problem I had. Any hints?

Thank you very much.