[Wine] Re: Need help with a bug in wine

Bob Wya wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 18 17:30:44 CST 2010

Fredd wrote:
> Fine. THREAD MARKED AS SOLVED.

Well I would say that  8)

I would start a thread on a Fedora forum (or jump on an existing one). With Intel being the majority player in the laptop/netbook graphics card market a lot of people tend to ask about performance issues related to these card series. I gather the MESA Intel driver (Open Source kernel driver) wraps a binary driver developed by a 3rd party company called Tungsten Graphics, Inc. (contracted out by Intel) for some of the Intel integrated mobile graphic series. Doesn't look like your driver was written by Tungsten (I think that was the newer GMAxxxx cards).

There are some Ubuntu threads on the subject of Intel graphics that run to 100's of pages!

Sorry I can't help more but I avoid buying anything with Intel graphics - like the plague [Wink]  Linux ATI support isn't much better and won't be for around a few more years until the Open Source kernel driver matures (since AMD started releasing details of their graphics card APIs to the open source community (http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd_r600_700_guide&num=1)).

Bob