[Wine] Re: Plz Help Problem running Oracle6i Forms in Wine under Ubuntu

ssamir wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 19 23:43:31 CST 2010

Dear DanKegel

My organization purchased Oracle 6i license in late 1990's. We have Oracle9i database server CD for Windows and also have Developer Suit 6i CD. This suit also contain the Oracle runtime environment.

When Oracle runtime is installed in windows platform then the application works fine and perfectly.

Now in Linux you can install the runtime which is essential for the clients in order to run the application. Using the same developer 6i CD I am able to install the runtime using Wine 1.2 in Ubuntu 10.10. Some points are essential in order to connect with Database.These are
1. You have to install TCP/IP option under Net80 in the Oracle Developer6i CD. Secondly you should have one TNS defination in TNSNAMES.ORA file.

By doing this oracle form runs successfully but the application doesnot call other forms. When the other form is called from the inteface then it came back to same point.

I think it is a bug. Please report this bug. I dont know where and how to report this bug.
Thanks.