[Wine] Re: Help testing regression

jpka wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 19 23:54:57 CST 2010

I continue my research and find two strange solutions for this error...
1) Modify /usr/bin/install
I get coreutils source code, then modify this

Code:
install.c line 288
  x->recursive = true;

I don't know what is does as i don't know C, but i find it myself and when i compile and replace /usr/bin/install, wine's sudo make install become works normally. DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK and revert your changes as soon as possible.
2) Suddenly I reboot under previous old linux kernel (2.6.35-24-generic) and this error is magically disappears! I now able to install any version which compiles on my system. I have absolutely no idea why kernel changes make difference, but i reproduce this on two machines.

Later I also suddenly find (via random internet searching) reply on my post in another place: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.wine.user/74592

But fortunately, when i now able install wine, instead of run it from local folder, i get same results for at least wine-1.0 taken from Ubuntu repos, and wine-1.0 compiled and installed myself, so i can continue my regression tests.

P.S. Some more things to compile old wines...

Code:
signal_i386.c: In function ‘merge_vm86_pending_flags’:
signal_i386.c:544: error: ‘VIF_MASK’ undeclared (first use in this function)

signal_i386.c

   #define VIF_MASK 0x00080000
   #define VIP_MASK 0x00100000

Code:
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:183,
                 from internet.h:48,
                 from http.c:60:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:208: error: expected ‘)’ before numeric constant
In file included from /usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:183,
                 from internet.h:48,
                 from http.c:60:
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:930: error: expected identifier or ‘(’ before ‘LPCSTR’
/usr/include/openssl/x509.h:930: error: expected ‘)’ before numeric constant

/usr/include/openssl/x509.h
 lines 208, 930 remed
/usr/include/openssl/ssl.h:1046:
 line 1046 remed (i not use internet in wine but sadly can't find keys in 'configure' which disables http ot inet in wine)