[Wine] Plz Help Problem running Oracle6i Forms in Wine under Ubuntu

Gert van den Berg wine-users at mohag.net
Mon Dec 20 11:17:08 CST 2010

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 07:43, ssamir  wrote:
> Dear DanKegel
>
> My organization purchased Oracle 6i license in late 1990's. We have Oracle9i database server CD for Windows and also have Developer Suit 6i CD. This suit also contain the Oracle runtime environment.
>
> When Oracle runtime is installed in windows platform then the application works fine and perfectly.

I'm not sure about Oracle 6, but for Oracle 9, the Oracle 11 client
works fine. It might make sense to test it, since it might be easier
to deploy than an ancient version? (The newer Oracle clients are
distributed without an installer, which makes life harder than it
could be..) (There is decent instructions on the Oracle site though.)

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html

Gert