[Wine] Problems with WINE

Kenneth Hankin kfhankin at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 11:36:13 CST 2010

I'm not sure this is quite the right place to get help for running my
Windows Emulator. If it's not, I'd like to know where I can get help.
If it is, these are my problems:
Certain applications refuse to recognize my CD drive. Most programs will,
but a few ask me to insert the CD--even though it's already in.
Also, I'm having trouble trying to run high-graphics programs--things that
use direct3D and the like. Is this supported on WINE, and if it is, do I
need a better version of openGL?
I'd appreciate any answers anyone can give me.