[Wine] Properly rating my submissions

BrandeX wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 20 20:58:23 CST 2010

Hi, I just wanted to verify the appdb rules/format so I correctly make my submissions in the future. I was surprised when I received an admin edit after submitting: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=22285&iTestingId=59851
recently. The game worked completely flawlessly for me, so I submitted it as a "Platinum" rating. However, since I had to set Wine to "Windows 95" for the installer to not report "OS not supported", it was edited to a "gold" rating. This game program doesn't work in genuine Windows XP either, it is an older title designed for Win95.

So, my question in assigning future ratings is, if a NON-WinXP game/app, doesn't install/run in Wine when set to WinXP but does when set to the Win version it was designed for, and is otherwise flawless in its operation, does that mean is is in fact NOT perfect (platinum)? It sounds like we are asking non XP compatible programs to somehow be XP compatible when running through Wine.

Thanks for any clarification!