[Wine] D drive

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 21 10:31:19 CST 2010

thiebo <wineforum-user at winehq.org> wrote:

>sorry, the version of Opensuse that I use is 11.3. The latest version.

What is the version of WINE?  Run wine --version in a terminal window.

>When I do autodectect, Wine assigned /home to D...

This is normal.

>So I did it manually : /media/NEW, which is the CD and to which Wine assigned drive E.
>
>So I changed all this. Clicked again on autodetect,  and D:/ now is /media/NEW so that should be fine. But my program
>still asks me to insert the CD.

Can you 'see' the CD from /media/NEW?  This is ALL files on the media.

>Is it necessary to reboot the computer upon each change made to Wine?

No.  It might be necessary to restart wine.  Close all windows and issue wineboot or wineserver -k in a terminal window.  You will need to start the program again.

James McKenzie