[Wine] Does Wine supports Microsoft Visual C# 2008?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 21:58:53 CST 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net> wrote:
> On 12/10/10 1:41 AM, Business Kid wrote:
>>
>> AFAIK, it does for some programs. The recommended procedure is
>>
>> winetricks vcrun2008
>>
> I think the OP was trying to install the full Visual Studio 2008 package to
> build programs with.  I don't know if this will work in Wine or not and
> there is no Applications Database entry for this product.  The OP is welcome
> to try and do so and report back what does/does not work.

I believe there was once a test for this in winetricks but it did not
work so it was pulled. VS2005 works somewhat. There is the express
version and enterprise trial. I know that these work for C++
development but I have not tried any .NET stuff since I do only native
application development.

John

--
John M. Drescher