[Wine] Red alert 2 network play

nicolo.p wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 24 17:26:04 CST 2010

Hi to everybody,
I'm writing to ask your help in playing LAN games with Red alert 2.

some data: I'm using wine 1.2.1 on Ubuntu 10.04, with kernel 2.6.32-27-generic
the game is Red alert 2, with patch 1.006.

What I would like to do is playing LAN games, using the UDP patch given at understorm at http://www.understorm.net/downloads/ts_ra2_lanpatch_1_00.zip
What I made is copy the wsock32.dll file in the same directory where the Ra2.exe file is (the name of the executable file I play with), but it doesn't seem to work (it should, since I know for sure the patch runs on Windows, and I've heard about other people, in other posts in this forum, that in the end succeded in playing this way.)

What I thought to do is run as root, add an overwrite rule in winecfg for native-then-integrate, viceversa or disable, but none of these seems to work.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?

Thanks for your help, N