[Wine] Wine, Steam and the kernel

ColOfNature wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sat Dec 25 19:28:08 CST 2010

I've got steam running under wine using 1.2.26, but I need a newer version of the kernel for hardware reasons.

If load 1.2.36, Steam itself works, but when I try to launch any game my computer freezes and I have to hard reboot it, and Debian sends  kernel crash info to kerneloops.org.

Is this a known issue, and is there a way around it? If not, does anyone know which is the highest kernel version steam games work under? Or is there a fix? Or will I have to go on using two different kernels?

Cheers
Col