[Wine] Re: Need a message interpreted please.

A Nonny Moose wineforum-user at winehq.org
Sun Dec 26 13:07:32 CST 2010

Hi Dan,
    Well, yes, but this is a legacy program from the Win'95 time frame and what we are dealing with here, I strongly suspect, is one or several seh that are not properly recovered by the program which results in it going into a panic and taking a dump.  This would be fine if it was still being QA'd, but it has been in the market now for over 8 years and EA hasn't made a move to fix it.  They are still taking money for it, though.  If the Simtropolis community ever got their hands on the source, it would be fixed forthwith.  We have a large force of young tigers who would be delighted to fix it.  I think a non-disclosure could be negotiated there.

My poison fingers can break just about any program, but this one should not do what it does.