[Wine] How do I make wine run for non root users?

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 11:40:13 CST 2010

> So the problem may be how the solitaire file was copied from the windows folder to the wine, windows folder.

Most applications will not work by copying from a windows folder.

>  I ran nautilus with sudo command to make a copy of the file.  Could that be the problem?

Yes, of course. Using root to copy things can give the root as the
only user that has access to files. This is especially true if you are
copying from a windows filesystem.

> If that is the case, then I must learn how to change or remove the file ownership.

Yes its a good idea to have at least some basic understanding of the
linux operating system. Without knowing the most basic things in linux
you will be at a serious disadvantage using wine.

> Or will it be easier to start over by removing and reinstalling wine?

Reinstalling wine will have no effect on this problem. The permissions
will still be wrong.