[Wine] Re: ATI Graphics card

Angus Hedger wineforum-user at winehq.org
Mon Dec 27 13:14:42 CST 2010

solo2101 wrote:
> so i uninstall Wine and delete my .wine folder, download the source and install it,
> and I install the game and the update, then run nit from terminal and this is what im getting
>
> <snip>
>
> its a clean installation, havent mess with the dlls.

What jumps out at me is that the sound is totally messed up.

Try going back to 1.3.9 and turn off GLSL and see if that work.

If not, then you will need to work out whats going wrong with the sound.

Ulmanyar wrote:

> Thank you, Angus!
>
> I just had this exact same problem and didn't even think of trying GLSL.
> I disabled GLSL and now it works! Not sure if it would classify as "flawless" yet, since I've only played a minute or so to make sure the textures showed up.

Your welcome, one of fglrx's biggest problems still seems to be GLSL, though it is slowly getting better.

If you need to turn off GLSL an app cant be platinum, maybe gold?