[Wine] Wine not detecting correctly graphic vendor

Marcos sombra2eternity at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 14:05:33 CST 2010

> If you don't have Nvidia card in your system anymore, these libraries are
> definitely unneeded. I would recommend to find and remove them. You may try
> to use something like this from the terminal:
>
> cd /usr/lib
> grep -l nvidia
>
> After seeing them, rm them manually, or if all looks well and only expected
> names like libGL etc. are there, let the system do it for you:
>
> grep -l nvidia | xargs rm
>
> Then cd /usr/lib32 and repeat the operation.
>
> With regards, Pavel

Finally I fixed it. As i said before there are a new library location
convention from X guys and IMHO I think wine should improve the method
used to locate and prioritize libs. I fixed my situation with only
"sudo rm -r /usr/lib32/libGL*" because fglrx libs are now on other
place.

Thanks for the help, i think was dificult to diagnose, but i expect
this new library distribution (maybe I am in for using xorg-edgers)
will expand in a nearly future, this way no libs are replaced by
others avoiding conflicts between diferent vendors. Sadly NVIDIA as we
can see was not ready to adopt this method placing libs everywhere and
confusing wine. I still think the great wine developers should make it
a bit more smart ;-)