[Wine] Problem Running wineboot.exe

Denpos wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Dec 28 13:39:40 CST 2010

Whenever I try to open anything that has to do with wine (winecfg, run an exe with wine, uninstall wine programs,...) by using the GUI menu, I get the error "The program wineboot.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close.".

So I tried using the terminal, which gives me the same error.

But with su-privileges, I can get everything working: I can run winecfg, run wine *.exe,...

Accessing everything by the terminal takes some time tho, so it would be handy if I get it to work in the GUI or without su-privileges as well. Can anyone help me solving this problem? :)