[Wine] need help

ags84 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 29 06:33:41 CST 2010

hello all,

i need a clarification on a aspect... to be very frank, i am very new to linux. installed it for 1st time last week.

i have installed Linux Mint OS. it has wine 1.2.1 preinstalled. ( my desktop also has Windows 7 as 2nd OS)

my Question:

1. should i have to install any supporting applications to make wine work better?

2.  i am a game freak. i have installed certain games in my Windows 7. games like GTA, NFS and many more..... can i play them when i boot my system  in mint? ( if a system has Xp and Win7, games installed in XP can be played when i had loged in Win7.... is simila thing possible?)

i understand that questions i have asked here r very dumb... i am sorry for that.. its just that i am very new to linux and doesnt have any previous knowledge about it)

thanks a lot for ur support.