[Wine] Re: Sims 3 crashes while loading town (Bug 18991)

missouri2006 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 29 12:46:40 CST 2010

Thanks for the quick reply... now as I am very new in (what I call) programming Linux it took me a loooooot of googeling to do the two things you suggested. But I finally got wine 1.2 plus the suggested Winetricks package installed.
But now I struggle to do as suggested in your link..terminal gives me following when typing in :

> dominik at dominik-laptop:~/Desktop$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/dominik/.wine-sims" TZ="America/Bahia" wine "C:\Programme\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe"
> wine: created the configuration directory '/home/dominik/.wine-sims'
> wine: cannot find 'C:\Programme\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3.exe'

And indeed, there is no such folder. Do I have to reinstall The Sims 3 inside Wine or can I just copy/paste the folder from POL to Wine?

Thanks so much for your help so far