[Wine] Microsoft Office 2007 installed but won't work

Dargo101 wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Dec 29 21:50:57 CST 2010

I am new to Linux.  I am running Ubuntu 10.10.  I used the wine (1.2.1) included with Ubuntu, to install Microsoft Office 2007.  All of the office products (word, Powerpoint, etc.) show up on the Applications>Wine>Programs>Microsoft Office menu.  Unfortunately, not a single one will work.  Every product results in the same error message, which indicates that the product has encountered a serious problem and needs to be closed.  "This can be caused by a problem in the program or a deficiency in Wine."  I think I sent information about this to the http://bugs.winehq.org site, as indicated in the message, on Christmas, but I am not sure, because I can't seem to find any trace of the information I sent.  Maybe I sent it to the wrong place, perhaps an ubuntu forum.  I can't find anything at those forums either.  Sorry for the ramble, but does anyone know how I can get the office products to work in Ubuntu?  I am a newbie, and I don't know programming.