[Wine] Error installing steam

fourword wineforum-user at winehq.org
Fri Dec 31 19:52:00 CST 2010

> err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path.
> err:ntlm:SECUR32_initNTLMSP Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.

I believe this is the problem, but i am really not sure how to read it. I can download and start the install for steam, but once it starts the "Updating steam platform" it goes to about 30% and then kicks off, with that message in the terminal.

I also tried to uninstall steam, but the wine uninstaller gives me an error as well

I tried removing Wine and reinstalling it as well