[Wine] CANT UNINSTALL WINE!! HELP!!

James Mckenzie jjmckenzie51 at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 1 09:31:53 CST 2010

>marlindaniel wrote:
>> HI.....I can't say whether I can provide you the information to your question but can post my experience regarding wine installation in linux.
>> sudo apt-get install wine
>> You could also use Synaptic (available in the menus somewhere) to search for it and install it.
>

>He is on MAC, not Linux. I doubt that these systems use the same commands.

The question is: How did he install Wine in the first place.

If it was either Fink or MacPorts, the appropriate uninstall command needs to be issued:

sudo port uninstall Wine

fink purge Wine

If he used WineBottler, then he will have to open the Applications folder and drag the WineBottler application to the Trash.

There may be files left in the <user name>/Library/Application Support folder which can be opened on the Finder navigation menu and opening the appropriate folders and then dragging and dropping the Wine or WineBottler folders to the trash.

However, the question is why does the OP want to delete Wine in the first place?  All of the applications above will run an updater to bring Wine to the current version without deinstallation of an existing installed Wine.

James McKenzie