[Wine] Need help to get LCDHype flying with Parallel-Port

Martin Gregorie martin at gregorie.org
Tue Feb 2 05:19:10 CST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 04:42 -0600, lsmod wrote:
> What i also cannot understand is why the InpOut32.dll will help?
> Should it help in NT+ or Win* emulation?
> As you have written the NT+ should never work, because the
> functionality of kernel interfacing is not implemented.

The documentation for InpOut32.dll says that it should work with NT+,
which is where your test program won't work. I suggested it because you
said you wanted to run LCDHype in the NT+ environment.

I know Linux but very little about Wine - the programs I need to run
with it are Win 95 programs that use a serial port and have 'just
worked' apart from two problems. USB-serial adapters don't work with
them, but a multi-port serial card fixed that. The programs needed to
access low memory, and adding "vm.mmap_min_addr = 0" to the end
of /etc/sysctl.conf fixed that too.

In particular, I haven't tried writing code to run under WINE. I think
you'll need to write a test program or two in order to work out how to
use that DLL. I may end up battling the parallel port soon since I need
to port a Win 95 CAD package over. It uses a parallel port security
dongle and can drive an HP plotter via a serial port.

Martin