[Wine] Re: RedAlert 3 on Wine 1.1.37

thorin wineforum-user at winehq.org
Tue Feb 2 05:24:26 CST 2010

Fang90 wrote:
> When game sarted, I have error
>
> Code:
> X Error of failed request:  BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  136 (GLX)
>   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
>   Serial number of failed request:  980
>

> Help me, fix this error, please

Do you have the catalyst drivers enabled in xorg.conf? This can be found in /etc/X11/xorg.conf. How did you install the drivers, from Hardware Drivers in Ubuntu, or from the Ati/Amd website?

Did you build wine yourself? If so, were there any errors in the build process about opengl functionality not being present? I myself have red alert 3 running pretty much perfectly with virtually no effort from me at all.

In addition, have you made any alterations to your wine registry? Did you somehow install directx9 or anything like that?