[Wine] office installation crashes

Bala subramanian bala.biophysics at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 06:57:10 CST 2010

I am installing wine from source. When i give ./configure, i get so many
warning. do i need to install all these libraries to load office 2007 or can
i continue with installation of wine.

configure: libxcursor development files not found, the Xcursor extension
won't be supported.
configure: libxi development files not found, the Xinput extension won't be
supported.
configure: libXxf86vm development files not found, XFree86 Vidmode won't be
supported.
configure: libxrandr development files not found, XRandr won't be supported.
configure: libxinerama development files not found, multi-monitor setups
won't be supported.
configure: libxcomposite development files not found, Xcomposite won't be
supported.
configure: libGLU development files not found, GLU won't be supported.
configure: libhal/libdbus development files not found, no dynamic device
support.
configure: libgnutls development files not found, no schannel support.
configure: lib(n)curses development files not found, curses won't be
supported.
configure: libsane development files not found, scanners won't be supported.
configure: libgphoto2 development files not found, digital cameras won't be
supported.
configure: liblcms development files not found, Color Management won't be
supported.
configure: libcapi20 development files not found, ISDN won't be supported.
configure: libcups development files not found, CUPS won't be supported.
configure: fontconfig development files not found, fontconfig won't be
supported.
configure: libgsm development files not found, gsm 06.10 codec won't be
supported.
configure: libmpg123 development files not found (or too old), mp3 codec
won't be supported.
configure: libopenal development files not found (or too old), OpenAL won't
be supported.
configure: libldap (OpenLDAP) development files not found, LDAP won't be
supported.

configure: WARNING: libxrender development files not found, XRender won't be
supported.

configure: WARNING: libxml2 development files not found, XML won't be
supported.

configure: WARNING: libxslt development files not found, xslt won't be
supported.

configure: WARNING: OpenSSL development files not found, SSL won't be
supported.

configure: Finished.  Do 'make depend && make' to compile Wine.