[Wine] Re: Lineage 2 (Gracia part 3 : Final) & Wine

damian_suse wineforum-user at winehq.org
Wed Feb 3 21:20:37 CST 2010

Kajo wrote:

> Bibischaff wrote:
> > I have it too.
> > Click OK and the game will run, don't worry.
>
> I just clicked Ok and nothing happend ,game doesn't start up.

Installation

Before begin i recommend to uninstall previous version of wine and delete catalog with configuration (/home/user/.wine)

1. Download two patches:
- AGP -> http://rm.pp.ru/dl/wine/patches/0001-WineD3D-Add-the-WINED3DDEVCAPS_TEXTURENONLOCALVIDM.patch
- Camera Fix -> http://rm.pp.ru/dl/wine/patches/MouseWarpOnRmbDownHackV4.patch
3. We need a source wine -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/wine-1.1.36.tar.bz2/download
If u want to install different version of wine u can find it here -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/wine/files/Source/
4. Decompress the source of wine
5. Paste patches to wine main directory
6. In console type (make it for both patches): patch -p1 -N < patch_name.patch
7. Then type: ./configure --prefix=/usr
8. Next command is (it will take few minutes): make depend && make
9. That's almost finish. Now u need only to install it, make it typing: sudo make install

After run first program through wine catalog with wine configuration will be created. (/home/user/.wine)

CONFIGURATION

1.In console type regedit
2.Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wine\DirectInput if catalog don't exist DirectInput so create it. Click right mouse button on 'wine' and choose new key.
3. Click on DirectInput then on the right side click new->text data
4. Use this name MouseWarpOverride and this value rmb
5. Close regedit and run the game (command wine l2.exe game directory) - there is no agp error and camera works correctly.
6. Edit file /etc/security/limits.conf
7. at the end change:
Code:
# End of file
for Code:
* hard nofile 16383
# End of file
8. Save file.

PROBLEMS

- Sometimes during l2 launch may display message about corrupted DirectX and that u need install version 8.1

1. U need download program l2encodec form here http://dstuff.l2wh.com/ and decompress it to system dir in your game directory
2. In console type: wine l2encdec.exe -d l2.ini l2dec.ini
3. Edit file l2dec.ini
4. Find entry D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice next in line with UseHardwareTL and UseHardwareVS change value from True to False.
5. Save changes and type wine l2encdec.exe -e 413 l2dec.ini l2.ini

#If sometimes ur l2 dosesn't run and hangs at

Code:
AL lib: pulseaudio.c:386: Context did not get ready: Connection Refused

1.Open console then type
2.Sudo kwrite /etc/pulse/client.conf
3.Find ;autospawn = yes and change it to -> autospawn = no