[Wine] .NET app -> some menus missing

Sebastian Reinhardt snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de
Thu Feb 4 10:24:26 CST 2010

Am 04.02.2010 16:15, schrieb Jim Hall:
> On Thu, Feb 4, 2010 at 9:03 AM, Sebastian Reinhardt <
> snr at lmv-hartmannsdorf.de> wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I try to get an .NET app running and it works, but not without problems.
>> We use an spare parts catalog program called "PowerView.NET" which is
>> provided by an farm machine manufacturer and written in .NET. This app
>> requires at least .NET2.0SP1, no problem so far. I used "winetricks
>> dotnet30", successfully. Now I tried to install the app, not successful.
>> The setup is stopped at 90%, but I got no real error message. So I
>> copied the program from an WinXP- machine (only files stored in
>> "c:\programs\PowerView.NET") into my wine bottle and I can start the
>> application. Everthing works fine, excluding the included webinterface
>> for getting catalog data from internet servers. This is no problem,
>> because we like to use the "file based" version without internet
>> connection and so called "offline" catalog data.
>> My problem is that the main menu bar is missing during first run and
>> later in every new runs the shortcut menu bar is missing, too. So there
>> is no possibility to choose an new model, because you can not go back to
>> start page of the program. It is only possible to choose an new model
>> after program startup and then we can only search for parts of this
>> specific model. OK, there is an possible but not quiet good
>> "Work-around": Restarting the app if the model has to be changed. But I
>> think there is anybody, who can help me to make it easier.
>> So, how can I get the menu bars?
>>
>> Wine version: 1.1.37
>> .NET: 3.0 (winetricks)
>> OS: openSuSE11.1 (64bit)
>>
>> --
>> Kind Regaards
>>
>> Sebastian Reinhardt
>>

> I've done this in in XP in a VM, but not in Wine so I don't know if it
> works. Have you tried to update .NET to 3.5 SP1?
>
> Jim

First at all: Sorry for the multiple posts. I do not why this was
happen, because I send the message only one time....

@Jim,

Actually we use PowerView in an VM (qemu), but I like to get rid of
these solution. It runs in Win2k and .Net2SP1 without problems! I tried
also wine and "winetricks mono24", but with this version I get both
menus but no data is displayed. The wine/ .NET30 configuration is much
more faster then any VM and the clipboard sharing for coping part
numbers from/ into other programs is easier to configure. So I think
this is the better solution.

@all
How can I get the menus to be displayed?

--
Kind regaards

Sebastian Reinhardt